Each year Flu virus evolves and becomes more powerful. So, it is necessary to get a flu shot to protect yourself and others from getting sick. Influenza (flu) vaccination helps lower the risk of contracting influenza. It is a serious viral condition that affects the respiratory system (throat, nose, and lungs). The demand for flu vaccine in Dubai is going to rise as the winter season starts.
Although influenza illness is self-limiting (it resolves itself), certain individuals are at more risk of developing severe illness. For example, Children under the age of five, pregnant women, older people age 65, and individuals with weaker immune systems or people with chronic medical problems are at more risk of developing a life-threatening disease.
Currently, in Dubai, influenza vaccination at home service is available. Now persons who cannot go to hospitals can receive the flu vaccine at home in Dubai. Today, we are going to know more about vaccines, vaccination side effects, and people who should receive a flu shot at home in Dubai. We will also cover how can you receive a flu shot at home in Dubai?
What do influenza (flu) vaccines do?
The flu vaccination stimulates the production of antibodies against the influenza virus. These antibodies boost your resistance to influenza illness by fighting the virus when your body is exposed to the virus. It may take up to two weeks for the vaccine to take full effect.
There are several flu strains, and these viruses might change from year to year. That is why it is important to have an annual flu vaccine before the start of flu season. This will protect you against the viral strains that are most likely to circulate. Also, you should get an annual vaccine because antibodies that protect you from influenza might decrease over time.
Who Should Get the flu vaccine in Dubai Home service and When?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), everyone over the age of six months should receive an annual flu vaccination.
If you are at a high risk of having flu-related problems, you must get the shot.
You are at high risk if you:
- Are less than five years old
- Are more than 65 years old
- Are pregnant (all stages)
- Currently doing work in offices or hospitals (Teachers, doctors, and military barracks)
- Have a weak immune system (for example if you are a cancer patient, or taking steroids or immunosuppressive medicines)
- If you are suffering from a chronic condition (for example, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, heart disease, diabetes, asthma, kidney disease, and sickle cell disease)
- If you are obese (have a Body Mass Index of more than 40)
Additionally, the fall season is the best time to get an annual flu shot. If possible, get the shot by the end of October.
Who should not get the home service flu vaccine in Dubai?
Following people should not receive the flu vaccine at home.
- Children of less than 6 months
- Previous history of allergies to the vaccine or having a severe allergy to any vaccine component.
Dosage of flu shot that you will be receiving at home
- Children more than 6 months old and adults: single dose
- Children six months to nine years old who have never received the vaccine before will receive two doses 4 weeks apart
Are There Any Risks or Side Effects of Receiving Flu Shot at Home in Dubai?
The majority of flu vaccine side effects are minor. Soreness, swelling, or redness at the immunization site are common symptoms. There might also be some other signs and symptoms, such as:
- Muscle aches
Certain studies have discovered a possible link to a rare disease termed Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS). However, this occurs in less than 1 or 2 persons in one million people getting a vaccination. You do not need to worry because medical staff will be with you at home and will monitor the injection response.
Influenza Vaccine At Home Service
You can get your annual seasonal flu shot in the comfort of your home. For this purpose, you can book an appointment at any health care vaccination center in Dubai, and nursing staff will come to your location.
The flu shots that will be delivered to you are;
- Safe and effective (monitored by the FDA)
- Helps prevent the risk of infection
- Assist in reducing the spread of flu to others
- Reduce the risk of flu-associated hospitalization
Additionally, with the assistance of the experienced staff, you will be able to receive influenza vaccination without difficulty at home. The doctors will provide you with the highest quality of treatment and assistance. Medilife Healthcare also provides IV fluids at home in Dubai. Both the home services are done by the certified healthcare experts.
Although the influenza vaccine cost is reasonable but home care vaccination services ensure that you get a quality effective vaccine at home.